5G Beyond and 6G Communication Technologies
While initial 5G communication standards have been released and 5G networks have been implemented in some cities around the world, some research groups at world-leading universities and tech-giant companies have already started conducting research on the sixth-generation (6G) communication networks.
Although 6G standards are expected to be available in around 2030, there are some speculations what could be included and supported in 6G networks. The major expected technologies or techniques in 6G:
- Of course, 6G will support all available technologies in 5G such as machine-to-machine communication, massive internet of things (massive IoT), enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB), Ultra-Reliable and Low Latency Communications (URLLC), Flexible network operations.
- Enhanced network operations which are supported by machine learning applications to improve data-rate, energy-efficiency and flexibility.
- It will also support vehicles and drones to enable intelligent transportation systems.
- Virtual reality applications, which require huge data-rate and low latency, will also be supported.
- It is also expected to support embedded radar sensing technologies to provide enhanced infrastructure for vehicular networks.